Friday, July 20, 2007

Toro Toro 2 - The Dinosaurs

(Posted retroactively)

After we got to Toro Toro, the first thing we did was look at dinosaur footprints. They were pretty cool, but a little bit smaller than I thought they'd be (at first, anyways).

Not sure what kind of dinosaur this was, but it's next to my foot. They said it was probably two and a half metres tall, so I'm thinking it had pretty small feet.


This is a set of Diplodocus tracks - I think... it's a little hard to translate the Spanish names into English. Lucas or some other dinosaur expert can tell me what they are, I think. Those are some of the other volunteers sitting in the tracks.








This one is a velociraptor. They can partly tell because the middle toe is really a claw and it's all curved, hence the hand demonstrating.





This one is a pterodactyl. They figured that one out because the footprints are right next to each other and judging by the imprints, they can tell it was either taking off or landing (I forget, but I'm sure they know).

No comments: