Friday, July 20, 2007

Toro Toro 1 - The Road

(Posted retroactively)

We drove to a national park on Friday, and let me tell you, the road was an adventure. We left at 4:30 am, so I couldn't see what was going on for a few hours, but when I could, wow, I was amazed.

The road was in places just a dirt road, in places cobblestone, and in some places just a track in between rocks. On the right is a picture of us following a tractor that was building the road for us.

At one point, we were driving along and the road stopped. There was a tiny sign that said "road closed" and there were some construction workers eating breakfast, and there was literally no road beyond them. They told us to go "follow the river" through a dried up river bed, and eventually we'd make our way back to the road.

Easier said than done. The dried up river bed was not so dried up, and we drove through a few little rivers. I thought the bus wouldn't make it. On the left is the river we drove through.

No comments: