Sunday, July 15, 2007

Parade!

Yesterday, there was a parade that I accidentally stumbled across while heading home. Not that it was hard to miss or anything. Anyways, they had amazing costumes, and I bet that everyone was exhausted because they were dancing down the streets like all day.

I looked it up, and the parade - well really the whole weekend, is the "Virgen Carmen" festival. Being horribly uneducated, I didn't know what that was. Wikipedia is my friend, and it turns out to be a festival for Mother Mary, who has as one of her titles Our Lady of Mount Carmel. Apparently, it's a big deal here.

As a side note, as the festivities are the whole weekend, I got woken up this morning by fireworks. At like 8am.





















And this one's for you Josh. If you read it closely, it says "From Alaska with devotion for the Virgen Carmen festival."

No comments: