Thursday, July 19, 2007

Going Home

Yes, it's true, I'm going home.

Generally, I've been really unhappy with my placement here - that is, my work and what it is that I do every day. There were problems since the beginning - that's why I switched from CEDIB to Warmi, and then at Warmi they basically had me playing with kids all day. At both places I felt like I could be doing the exact same thing in Canada, and yes, I talked to my supervisors and the FSD support staff here many times.

Although it hasn't been what I expected, and I am going home early, I'm glad I came to Bolivia. It's been a very educational experience for me, both personally and academically, and I got to see and do all kinds of things that most people don't get the chance.

This weekend I'm going to Toro Toro, a national park close to Cochabamba, as a little excursion before I leave, and I'll be getting back to Canada Tuesday evening.

See you all soon!

No comments: