Friday, June 15, 2007

What I´m reading


I just finished reading Michael Crichton´s "State of Fear," and it was really good. Different, but good. It was about global warming. Sounds like an exciting topic, right? Especially from the writer of Jurassic Park.

Anyways, the book is written under the assumption that global warming is not, in fact, happening, that it´s all a hoax so that some people can make money. The some people being environmental NGOs. No mom, I´m not attacking you. But I suggest that anyone who is interested and has a little bit of time on their hands (it´s an easy read) should take a peek.

Of course, you should read it with a grain of salt. But, it does have some very good insights about what happens when people have their heart in the right place but don´t have a good understanding of what they´re fighting for.

Overall, it´s a very provocative book and I highly recommend it. Thanks Dad for lending it to me!

No comments: