Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Strange things

So I´ve been in Cochabamba for almost a week now, and I´m pretty much getting used to some of the strange things I see. But there are some things that I´m not sure I´ll ever get used to, and I feel like sharing.

First of all, we have advertisements painted on walls, rather than on billboards. There´s a lot of graffiti, so sometimes it´s hard to tell if something´s an advertisement or just some scribbling. To the right, a Pepsi ad; below, some graffiti.









Next, we also have a strange occurance that keeps happening that completely boggles my mind. A lot of the dogs here wear little doggie clothes, like a blanket or a sweater or something. I don´t understand at all, there are a lot of really really furry dogs (i.e. huskies) that still wear little clothes. Here is a particularly amusing picture of a dog in a shirt.

1 comment:

sue said...

Hey Ali, looks like Eddie, can't imagine him with a coat on in Canada! Nice to hear your stories, keep it clean, Grandma/pa are reading too. love Sue