Friday, June 29, 2007

Warmi

So some of you know this, some of you don't, but I wasn't really enjoying working at CEDIB. Sorry to Josh and anyone else who was just starting to figure out what it was I'm doing in Bolivia.



Anyways, my placement got changed, and now I'm working with an organization called Warmi, which means Woman in Quechua. It started off 20 years ago as a women's support group, and since then has expanded to include a lot of other activities, like a day care, after school program, youth group, and soap factory. I'm not exactly sure how the soap factory fits into the big picture, give me some time.

It's currently winter vacation in Bolivia, so that means that at Warmi, the place has pretty much been transformed into a camp. I get to play with kids all day, woohoo. So far I've taught them a bunch of English, I've learned a tiny bit of Quechua, and I've taught them how to play Optiball and a few other sailing games.

No comments: