Friday, June 8, 2007

Hike

We went on a hike today, as our last event as a group. We've actually already moved in with our families (yesterday), I'll make a post about my family as soon as I have pictures.

We went to a park that was set up a while ago by a guy named Simón Patiño, a Bolivian who struck it rich in the mines and was the third richest man in the world. As far as I can tell, he's dead now, but there are a lot of things he built in Cochabamba.

Anyways, he started this park/camping area on the side of a mountain that's really pretty. We went hiking up the mountain and man, it was hard work. Probably just because I'm a wus, but I blame the altitude.

We found this dog, too. Well really, he found us, and hiked up the mountain with us, waited while we rested and ate, and hiked back down with us. I wanted to bring him home with me but I don't think that would have gone over well with customs.

No comments: